Monday, January 10, 2005

Day 29 - Kevin's side of the story

"Are you going to murder me in cold blood in front of all these witnesses." Teresa posed calmly. Actually too calmly.

"What witnesses?" I asked with the gun still pointed at her heart.

"They are all over the place in this building. The noise of your gun going off will bring them all here in seconds."

"That’s really not a problem. I'll just shoot my way out."

"The way your partner, Douglas tried to do."

Something just wasn't right here. This woman was just too cool and calm with a gun pointed at her, like in a badly written novel. I knew this woman fairly well. She loved life and had gone to great lengths to get a huge sum of money. Suddenly she wasn’t scared of death. It just didn’t add up. Could it have something to do with David.

"Where's David?" I asked.

"He's in the next room, dying."

That was a relief. No loose ends. So Teresa had actually fallen in love with the drug junkie. I just couldn't understand women. What was it the guy had? Definitely not cash. The sex perhaps. The sex, most probably.

“So you really do love him.”

“Yes.” It was almost a whisper.

“So our no-sex contract counted for nothing.”

“That stupid contract that you keep on bringing up was the most stupid, idiotic thing I’ve ever done in my life.”

“So it is really the sex?” I persisted. I was curious, I just had to know.

“Can’t you think of anything else you idiot,” she raised her voice and this was enough to bring a number of Masai warriors rushing into the room. I had no idea where they had come from and I really didn’t care, I had the gun.

The first shot I fired, miraculously missed Teresa by what had to be a fraction of an inch. What I saw was the wall directly behind her chest taking the bullet, but it didn’t touch her. My next shot hit the roof because there were already two Masai men holding both my hands up in the air. And the guys were quite strong because they twisted the firearm out of my hands the way you snatch a dangerous toy from a kid. Almost effortlessly. They handed it over to Teresa. She placed it carefully on the floor next to her.

The man who appeared to be their leader spoke out to Teresa in their language. A young boy dressed in what appeared to be a school uniform, translated for Teresa.

“He say they not kill white men, because the last time they kill one, many white soldiers come and they kill many Masais. His grandfather told him. Otherwise this coward white man who shoots at a woman would be meeting his ancestors now.”

A chill went through my spine as I heard those words. This was no idle threat coming from these crazy Masai warriors.

“What does he suggest we do with him? Is there a place he can be locked up?” Teresa asked. The warrior spoke rapidly in dialect again after receiving the translation of what Teresa had asked.

“He suggest we take him to police.”

“I have a few words to say to him first,” Teresa told them. She walked straight to where I stood and spat in my face. “I should kill you myself, Kevin. Only that you’re not worth it.”

“I just have a small question to ask,” I said trying to buy some time to think my way out of this situation.

“What are the police going to charge me with?”

“How about attempted murder? We have witnesses right here.”

“If I go down, I go down with you Teresa."

"For what?"

"How about forgery, and all the associated conspiracy charges that you and I were involved in to get at Ed’s money?”

=====================
Personal bankruptcy is generally considered the ultimate debt management option and although it will get you off the hook as far as many of your creditors are concerned, it is important to realize its’ long term effects and impact on your life. Although in certain situations it is the only option, it will stay on your credit report for 10 years and make life difficult for you in many ways. That is why many opt for debt consolidation instead. Debt consolidation involves taking out a low-interest loan that will pay off all your debts, leaving you with just the one loan to pay off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Swifteye, here is the reply to your comment a few days ago about my telling the story from 3 points of view.

Actually I realize myself that it may have been a mistake. It is very hard work.

But on the other hand, don't forget that I am writing this story as I go along. The characters and your comments are leading me along and showing me where to go.

Of course I have a rough idea of where I want to end up, but I've never been there before and as of now, only my characters know, they will lead me there.

Sorry if this sounds crazy, but it's the truth.

Thank you so much for your excellent comments and criticisms Swifteye, without risking getting into trouble again with the other faithful readers of this blog, I think you've been the most useful, because you've been the most critical.

Thank you.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

You're quite welcome. I love the idea that my unbearably cynical comments are actually helping. Now.

By all rights, I should hate Kevin and Teresa for what they have been planning to do; take a dead man's money and do all this other bad stuff....yeah. Oh fine, punish me for not reading and noticing all the details.

But I don't hate them. Their thoughts aren't entirely....unbalanced, I suppose.

But so far my favorite characters are the Masais.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Satellite TV!