Thursday, January 06, 2005

Day 28 - Kevin's side of the story

"Hello Kevin, I've been expecting you," Teresa's voice greeted me the moment I entered the small health center's reception.

For a moment I froze, confused. I was looking for her but I had not expected to walk into her like this. I quickly recovered. I could still feel the tiny revolver inside my pocket but I hadn't removed it yet.

"Hello Teresa, I've missed you."

"Have you? Is that why you left me with that lunatic?"

"You mean Douglas. Now what did you guys do to him?"

"He messed with some of David's friends, actually even killed one of them."

"Since when were the Masai David's friends?"

"The guy just hit it off in Africa, has tons of friends."

"He's a friend of yours too."

"He's my husband."

"Huh. Your-marriage-of-convenience husband."

"I don't see what concern it is of yours."

"You don't? You mean what we had didn't matter?"

"I don't trust you anymore Kevin. It seems it was all a performance."

"A performance? Damn you Teresa, I loved you more than I loved any other woman in my life."

"And then you wanted me dead, right?"

"No. And then you went and fell for some out-of-luck-junkie I helped you pick from the streets."

“That’s beside the point.”

“It isn’t. Teresa look at me straight in the face and tell me that you don’t love the junkie.”

“I’m looking at you straight in the face and I’m telling you that I love him. More deeply than I’ve ever loved any man in my life.”

“So what is it about him? The sex?”

“That’s none of your business.”

“You went and had sex with him when you and I had agreed they would be no sex? We took the trouble to put it down in his contract. Teresa, you couldn’t wait just a few weeks for me?”

“Kevin, I told you, who I sleep with is none of your business. I don’t ask you when you have sex with your wife.”

“So there was nothing between us?”

“Our relationship was a big mistake.”

“Yeah you can say that now but I remember you licking your lips at the mention of two million dollars. Remember?”

“That’s the past.”

“You’ve changed now? No longer interested in money?”

“I’m in love now.”

I knew this was the moment to work up some false anger and end it all. I looked round the reception area for the first time. It was empty. There was nobody else in the room. I put the show on the road.

“I can’t believe my ears. I risk my life, my reputation and my everything to help you out and then you go and sleep with a junkie and get all mixed up like him. I can’t take it Teresa. No way.” I whipped out my small revolver. I could see fear coming to her eyes and I knew this was the moment that I had to press the trigger otherwise I would change my mind.

I released the small safety catch and aimed carefully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

BAH! Kevin, don't do it!



Blood is hard to clean up and a dead body on the floor is inconvenient for everyone.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Satellite TV!