Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Day 23

In desperation I grabbed at David and desperately tried to drag him towards the bush. He was heavy, I can’t have moved him much. Still the Masai’s did not seem to get the message.

Were they still in shock, or what was the problem? Why couldn’t I get them to move?

Then it dawned on me. For the first time since the whole shooting incident with Bat-ears had started, I looked at myself. I was literally naked. My breasts were dangling free and what was left of my skirt were small pieces of cloth that did a terrible job of hiding my private parts.

I grabbed at one of the long pieces of red cloth the Masai loved to wear. The Masai warrior held on to it tight, but they seemed to understand what I wanted. Another spare piece emerged from somewhere and I covered myself.

The men must have been staring, I thought and wondered why because their own women went round everywhere with their breasts exposed to the harsh African elements.

This time when I tugged at David, they got the message pretty quickly and two of the warriors lifted him up and we set off.

How much of the 10 minutes had I wasted? How far off could Kevin be now? I hurried the Masai warriors on, not even sure where we were headed for. I was also very worried about David, he required urgent medical attention. I didn’t want him to die on me. Not now. He was all that I had left, as the million dollars now looked more and more remote by the hour.

I almost didn’t breath until we were at least 300 meters from the place. Still I was well aware that we were not completely out of danger yet. Kevin would desperately search everywhere until he found us. Especially when he found Bat-ears dead.

The though of Kevin now made me feel bitter and violated. Just when did his grand plan start? It seemed to me that he was scheming against me even when we were in bed together.

1 Comments:

Blogger mythreefeet said...

LMAO! Teresa barely realizes she's naked in front of all those people! I guess I can understand that though, given the situation.

She worries about too many things at once, but I'll suppose thtat that is just her character. While the man she loves is about to die, she's thinking about Kevin betraying her. She's also worrying about being exposed. Excuse me, Tereas, but do those things really matter at this desperate moment?! Concentrate, woman! She doesn't strategize very well.

Teresa is losing my interest and I'm siding more with David. Maybe it's time to start telling from his point of view again.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Satellite TV!