Monday, January 31, 2005

Day 36 - David's side of the story

"Teresa I need to know the truth."

I had finally managed to get a chance to be alone with Teresa. We were staying in separate rooms at a small run down guest house, about 100 meters from the small health center where I had come back from the dead. I had been discharged a day earlier. According to the African medical guy, only my will to live had kept me alive because I had apparently lost a very huge amount of blood. Whatever he meant I knew that it had something to do with Teresa. The woman who was now slipping out of my hands even as I watched.

We were seated at the rather pleasant garden at the back of the establishment under a grass thatched umbrella-like structure. It succeeded in keeping away the heat.

The smell of the fresh wild flowers from the small garden in the vicinity was strong and pleasant. The garden was hardly cared for and looked wild and unkempt. Still it more than made up for the poor facilities in the guesthouse.

"Can we talk about this later?" She said, trying to play her usual games on me.

“This won’t work Teresa. I have a right to know and I would like to know now. Quit playing games on me.”

“And what gives you that right? We had a contract remember.”

That remark stung me. My heart felt like it was butter and a hot knife was slicing through it.

“So I’m really just wasting my time here am I?”

“You probably are,” Teresa said coldly.

“Well, I’ll tell you one thing. Whatever it is you are keeping from me had better be worth it. I have information that you’ve been convicted as a pickpocket or something.”

That got her attention.

“W-who told you that?”

“Never mind.

“You had no right checking on me like that.”

“I think I do Teresa. You can be sure of one thing, I may be a dump guy who signed some stupid contract. But I’ll get to the bottom of this, if it’s the last thing I do.”

“How dare you. You have no right. You’re just a junkie.”

I stood up, seeing a new side of Teresa that I had never seen before. A side I didn’t like at all. “Well this junkie saved your ungrateful ass, remember?”

I turned and walked away, feeling emotions I had never felt before. At least as far back as I could remember. It was always me who had rejected the women. Now a woman who I had feelings for that I didn’t know I was capable of having for any woman, had finally put her cards on the table. She had revealed her true nature.

As I limped away headed for my room, I heard Teresa apologizing behind me. But it was too late. I was no longer interested. I was done with her. As far as I was concerned it was all over.

Despite everything we had been through together, it was all over. And what a fool I had been. Never again, I vowed to myself.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

David's sudden change of heart seemed hard for me to swallow. After so many posts of him 'living for the woman he loves' it strikes me as odd that all that would change in just one post. Unless this was a deteriorating feeling for a while. Which I doubt.

"Never again, I vowed to myself." Why does this sound so familiar?

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

I just feel like there wasn't enough foreshadowing...er...evidence pointing towards this new development.

I mean, it makes sense that David is angry at Teresa for refusing to placate his curiosity with answers but I feel that there wasn't enough in the text of the story to support this plot point. It's almost as if this one scene is the pivotal change of heart. It seems too quick, as if the decision was made quickly to include this new twist in the plot. I dunno. There's just instinct telling me that there's something odd with the sudden development.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

Hear that Chris?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

Hint hint, Chris.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Something amazing happened to me because of this blog.

I was in the process of collecting my thoughts together to wind up the story. You know the way this story was written, ending it becomes very difficult. I have to tie up all the loose ends, and that's not easy.

Suddenly out of the blue, an old flame contacts me. There is a little minor very personal detail in the David and Teresa's romance that also happened in our fling over 20 years ago.

Well she said that she'd been reading this blog. That threw me totally off balance.

As I write this, I'm trying to recover so as to write the finale of this story, while trying my best not to be influenced by this recent happening. (Real men also get affected by these things you know, they're also human).

Give me a few days, please, all you lovely people out there.

I've treated you all very unfairely but the last few posts should make up a little, I hope.

Christopher Kyalo.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Something amazing happened to me because of this blog.

I was in the process of collecting my thoughts together to wind up the story. You know the way this story was written, ending it becomes very difficult. I have to tie up all the loose ends, and that's not easy.

Suddenly out of the blue, an old flame contacts me. There is a little minor very personal detail in the David and Teresa's romance that also happened in our fling over 20 years ago.

Well she said that she'd been reading this blog. That threw me totally off balance.

As I write this, I'm trying to recover so as to write the finale of this story, while trying my best not to be influenced by this recent happening. (Real men also get affected by these things you know, they're also human).

Give me a few days, please, all you lovely people out there.

I've treated you all very unfairely but the last few posts should make up a little, I hope.

Christopher Kyalo.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

Wow, no wonder.
Waiting for the next chapter online is very different from having the book right next to you and the chapter within reach. So I suppose a little more suspense won't hurt.
I've only been waiting a year for the end of a fanfiction on another site, so I know patience.
Now, on to something else you said:
Why not let this new development in your life affect your writing? Perhaps it would be beneficial. Just a speculation...

8:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmmm... I'll try and see, but my initial thoughts are that it's not going to be easy.

Two young people pationately in love get in touch 20 years later via email, thousands of miles apart and both are happily married to somebody else (or so they claim).

Hmm.... I wonder.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

*waiting*.....quite patiently, I might add, considering I need something to procrastinate with.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

Now....the fact that there's been no update for a month now is rather worrying....

Are you having trouble figuring out the story or are you just taking your time?

7:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Please enjoy the suspence. I'llpost very soon. Thank you for your pateince, all

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Satellite TV!