Friday, December 03, 2004

Day 8

How is it possible to spend night after night in a room with a very attractive woman and not have sex with her?

You’d have to be either very sick or impotent. But when you were a full blooded, normal man and woman…

Yeah. If you had asked me that question just two months ago, I would have told you it was humanly impossible. It was just not possible. But then that was my relationship with Teresa.

That was what happened on our honey moon safari. There was no sex.

Yes, sometimes we kissed gently. Never too passionate. But mostly we talked. We talked about everything. Our lives, our past, our present, everything but the future. We never touched the future because we knew there was no future for us. At least not as a couple. So we made the best out of out of our current situation. Treasured every moment we had together.

We even discussed how we were both handling this thing of not having sex. Yes, we discussed that a lot and I can say I ended up learning something truly fascinating that I never knew before.

I learnt that delaying sex helped a relationship a lot. I realized that one of the reasons why many relationships never really had a chance of developing was the fact that the couple usually had sex too early. The old fashioned way where sex was delayed for the night after the wedding actually worked. This shocked me and I almost refused to believe it. But how could I when there was my own experience to look at as proof.

It seemed like such a long time ago that I had given Teresa my word. I later signed the 50 page contract with her lawyers. No sex. I must have been stark raving mad. How did I agree to such a crazy arrangement?

I remembered that even the professional team of nerdy-looking lawyers had looked at me in fascination as they repeated the main key parts of the contract, emphasizing the no sex clause. I even believe I caught one of them smirking when I looked up suddenly from my scrawled signature on the dotted line. Not that I blamed him. I was the crazy one.

Amazingly, the arrangement had worked. I enjoyed Teresa's company more than I had enjoyed the company of any other woman in my life. And it all went pretty much according to plan…

At least until one night when we came back from dinner feeling a little light-headed from the wine, delicious food and beautiful African music.

We had danced under the stars to a song they call "Jambo Bwana" it had a beautiful romantic, sexy African beat to it. "Jambo" was the way locals greeted people.

Those African musicians must have spent a lot of time playing music to tourists in the past. Their performance was magical.

We danced ourselves to exhaustion and finally made our way to our rooms hand in hand. I opened the door with my key and let Teresa in first.

“Now, have you ever, ever had such fun in your life David?” she giggled kicking off her shoes the moment we were inside.

“Yes I have. I’m bored to tears being with you,” I joked.

“Come here you liar…” she pulled me by the shirt and we both staggered. Luckily we fell backwards on the bed.

We looked at each other for a moment and then I kissed her. It was the usual gentle kiss but then she returned it with a passion I had never seen in her before. The magic of the moment was too much and before we both knew it we had crossed the point of no return and we were kissing passionately and desperately undressing each other.

I figured we were going to break the no sex rule for the first time. I was safe because I wasn’t the one who had started it. She’s the one who had broken the contract rule by kissing me so passionately. And she was still kissing like there would be no tomorrow.

I was too far-gone at that moment to care. But at the back of my mind somewhere I wondered what the consequences would really be.

Would anybody ever believe this crazy story if I ever told it one day, I wondered? A man and his legally married wife alone in a room, in the most romantic spot in the world. And yet having sex was such a big contract-breaking deal with consequences...

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sorry folks, no new posting tomorrow. I beg to take the weekend off to relax and think through a few structural things about the story. Please do me a favour and tell lots of your friends about this blog. If you do and post evidence of that here by Sunday night, I promise you a "big surprise" on Sunday night. I know from your comments so far that you'll love my Sunday surprise.

Have a nice weekend all of you beautiful people.

Chris - author of this crazy story.

8:53 AM  
Blogger mythreefeet said...

Have a good weekend :)

Hmm after reading your last comment, I tried to think of people I know that would ACTUALLY READ your novel... unfortunately I'm friends with some people that aren't really into blogs. So I decided I'd advertise for you on my blog heheh. You cant check out my blog if you want proof :P Hopefully that will direct some people here ;)

Right now I better go to sleep so I'll reread Day 8 tomorrow and comment later. Cya later.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ruiz said...

Hmm...I'll tell my friends to read it, though don't be sure that they will. My friends are really stupid.

In addition, I enjoyed this post. I have nothing much to comment on.

7:17 PM  
Blogger mythreefeet said...

I'm with swifteye on this one. I don't really know what to comment about... this post just gave me a lot of questions (which I'm sure further reading will probly answer). It just makes me agree with the main character... How can you be married to a beautiful woman and never once have sex? How can you be sure you will never lose control of yourself and wake up the next morning realizing what a horrible mistake you've made? And how could the consequences be so horrible? Why would anyone even give a shit if you have a little fun with your wife... it's supposed to be a private business only between the two of you.

But I'm sure all the answer are coming ;) I can't wait to see what that "Big Surprise" is that you told us about.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The big surprise is taking a little longer to put together. Still in the works, will be released in the next 3 hours or so.

By the way there's already a small surprise in the profile- check it. Have included my real name for the first time. You'll enjoy the real big surprise, coming up...

Chris

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Satellite TV!